Our survey and recommendations will always aim to treat the causes of damp, not the symptoms.
The possible list of remedial works includes: –
- Creation of dry channels around the perimeter of properties if ground levels are too high.
- Surface damp proof membranes to older concrete floors
- Injection of emulsion cream low pressure damp proof courses into walls
- Removal of ‘waterproof’ renders and other finishes to allow walls to breathe
- Use of breathable materials such as lime based render
- Membranes over contaminated building materials to seal them off.
All work is carried out by our skilled and experienced contractors under our NHBC registered Project management.
Remedial work will often include the need for a forced drying operation. Our drying operations include refrigerant and desiccant dehumidifiers, and injection drying. This will be done on a planned basis and according to IICRC guidelines.